I hate throwing old clothing away so I’m always looking for cute and fun ways to upcycle it. For example, I made a nightgown out of my old bedsheets that had a huge hole in them. They were my favorite sheets, high thread count and so soft, I couldn’t throw them away! Now the nightgown is my favorite.
Here are some other upcycling projects I’ve found; some I’ve tried and some I’d love to try. Enjoy!
- Hula hoop rug made with old t-shirts
- Sweater into dress – I have the perfect sweater for this!
- All kinds of clothing upcycling tutorials! I want to try the knit shirt into a dress.
- Bath mat from old towels – I think I’ll cover mine with some old sheets.
- Child’s shirt from an adult shirt
- Jeans into skirt – basic, for girls (no sew), pleated skirt
- Chore chart from old pants – I made one for my kids but I can’t find anything like it online. Guess that’s a subject for a future post!
- I use an old rotating spice rack to hold small craft supplies
- Dish towel apron – I made this and it’s my favorite apron. You could also use an old terry towel.
- Tons of crafts for kids made using recyclable materials.
- And who could forget the awesome tie dress?
What is your favorite way to upcycle?